About EEE Dept
The EEE department was started in the year 1998 with an intake of 40 and at present the intake is
180 .The department also offers Two M.Tech Programs in Electrical Power systems and
Electrical Power Engineering.
The Department is headed by Dr. M. Padma Lalitha , Professor.
The College Academic Council, Board of Studies of the department strive to provide quality
education and most advanced curriculum and syllabus to make the students industry ready and
excel in the contemporary business world. The department is constantly catering to the needs of
the industry by training students to make valuable contribution and is constantly striving hard to
produce qualified technocrats who can face the challenges of the real world.
Mile stones of the department
- 2006 -Department has undergone the 1st MOU with the industry
- 2009 - Department was accredited by “National Board Of Accreditation & NAAC
- 2009- 1st National level Workshop for staff on “Artificial Intelligence in Power Systems
- 2010- AICTE Sponsored 1st National level One Week FDP on “Artificial Intelligence in Power Systems”
- 2012- 1st National Conference on Electrical Sciences “NCES-12” was conducted
- 2013- “15th IEEE International Conference” conducted
- 2014-2nd National Conference on Electrical Sciences “NCES-14” was conducted
- 2014 Batch Student Vengamba got the University Gold Medal
- 2014 -EEE Students Bagged 3 Prathibha awards. (given by Govt. of A.P)
- 2015- EEE Students Bagged 3 Prathibha awards. (given by Govt. of A.P)
- 2016-National Conference On Recent Advancements in Power & Energy Systems-NCRAIPES-16 was conducted(sponsered by SERB)
We envision the Department as one of the best in the region with a stimulating environment to make an impact on, and lead in the field through its Education and Research.
The mission of the Department is to provide an excellent and comprehensive education in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering which inturn mould students for a wide range of careers and to exhibit a high level of professionalism, ethical behavior and social responsibility
Programme Educational Objectives
- 1.To experience success in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and other diverse fields that requires analytical and technical skills.
- 2.To prepare students to identify and implement global, societal needs and constraints in designing new technology/product and follow professional ethics.
- 3.To inculcate in students professional attitude, effective communication skills and leadership qualities to succeed in multi-disciplinary teams.
- 4.To promote students to pursue professional development by continuous learning relevant to their career.
A graduate of the EEE program will demonstrate:
a) An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, computer science, electronics and electrical engineering
- b) An ability to design electrical and electronics circuits and conduct experiments with electrical engineering as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- c) An ability to design digital and analog system pertaining to electrical systems.
- d) An ability to visualize and work on multi-disciplinary tasks.
- e) An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- f) An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.An ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- g) An ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- h) An ability to develop confidence for self-education and to understand the value of life-long learning.
- i) An ability to recognize the impact of engineering on society.An ability to acquire new knowledge to use modern engineering tools, Softwares and equipment to analyze problems necessary for engineering practice.
- j) An ability to acquire new knowledge to use modern engineering tools, software’s and equipments to analyze problems necessary for engineering practice.
- k) A Knowledge of contemporary issues to undertake innovative projects..
- l) An ability to use the techniques and skills to face and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, GRE, TOEFL, GMAT etc.