ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
Electrical Engineering is one of the fastest growing fields that involves study and application of electricity and electronics. It is the most interesting branch of engineering because it involves study of computer, electrical and electronics and communication. Electrical engineering deals with generation, transmission and distribution of electricity.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING – JOB OPPORTUNITIES
Electrical Engineers are much in demand in India. In the recent years, from house to companies every where there is a necessity of electricity to function, offering numerous opportunities to electrical engineers.
These engineers can work in atomic power plants, hydel or thermal power plants. Job opportunities are ample in both private and public sector like railways, civil aviation, electricity board and utility companies, electrical design and consultancy firms and all types of manufacturing industries.
The candidates can find job prospects in Production plants, Design industries, Petroleum industry, Natural gas plants etc. in private sector as well. They can join as graduate engineer trainee and management trainee in many premier Educational and Research Institutions. One can even apply for Indian Engineering Services Examination after B.Tech.
Some of the companies who regularly recruit electrical engineers are listed below.
- Bajaj International Private Ltd
- Crompton Greaves Limited
- Siemens Ltd, Reliance Power Ltd
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)
- Centre for Electronics Design and Technology
- Wipro Lighting are the biggest employers hiring Electrical Engineers.
Today, electrical engineers are much in demand due to the rising demand for electrical energy, the growth of audio and visual communication systems and automation in the industry.
An Electrical Engineer is expected to undertake the following duties:
- Design and develop more efficient electrical machinery
- Control Equipment for electricity generation
- Guide and organize manufacturing, construction, installation, maintenance, support, documentation and testing to assure conformation with
specifications, codes and customer requisites.
- Transmission and distribution of electrical energy and telecommunication.
The job profile may differ from company to company. However, in general an electrical engineer is expected to do the above tasks.